The popularity of IPTV is now all over the world. IPTV is also a technology trend in Bangladesh. This TV has brought a huge change in the flow of information and entertainment. The full meaning of IP TV is Internet Protocol Television. In this process, the Internet Protocol Suite is used to provide television service. Packet switch networks such as LAN or Internet are used for television broadcasting instead of traditional terrestrial, satellite and cable formats.
How about when you want to see the program, you can see it, right? We can only change the channel as we wish on the cable TV. There is no such benefit outside of this. But the biggest advantage of IP TV is that you can watch the program on time. And on this idea, the demand for IPTV is increasing. From this video, you can learn how it works and how it differs from other TVs. Here, TV programs are displayed in the media player through streaming media.
In terms of numbers, IP TV (Internet Protocol Television) has exploded as an alternative to conventional television. At the same time, the misuse of this technically accessible television is increasing day by day in some countries.
What is IPTV?
In the case of IP TV (Internet Protocol TV or Internet Television), this signal comes with the Internet, it does not require an antenna. This means that the audio-video does not come here on any radio signal. It is simultaneously downloaded from the Internet and streamed or broadcast.
Now that cable TV is running in everyone’s home, we see a round, thick black cable from outside or its plug has been connected to the TV. This cable is again connected to the TV as a set-top box for a little better picture and more channels. This is commonly called the DISH line.
Each area has a DISH line operator or cable operator. The cable operator’s station has large dish antennas from which broadcast signals come from the satellite and audio-video is transmitted to the home TV through that cable.
In the case of IPTV or Internet Protocol TV or Internet Television, this signal comes with the Internet, Buss. It does not require an antenna. This means that the audio-video does not come here on any radio signal nor does it come through the internet, which are simultaneously downloaded from the Internet and streamed or broadcast.
- Let’s check the Advantages and Disadvantages of Shared Hosting from here.
Difference Between IP TV and Traditional TV
IP TV is a television system that can continue to broadcast live via the Internet. Usually, a television is connected to a cable line or a DTH (Direct To Home) connection and displays in front of you the information coming from the cable operator or DTH operator. But in the case of IPTV, the issue is a little different. IPTV is directly connected to a packet-switched network such as the Internet or LAN (Local Area Network) and provides television services using the Internet Protocol Suite.
Advantages Of IP TV
- You can watch free IP TV on Android mobile or smart TV. For this, you need to have an internet connection. There are various brands of Android TV boxes available in the market that will turn your non-smart TV into an Android TV as soon as you buy it and set it up with your TV. You can enjoy free IP TV with an internet connection.
- Suppose, a program will be broadcast at 10 pm. You will be busy at that time. But do not want to miss the show. IP TV will broadcast this show whenever you want. It will automatically record the program as per your instructions and broadcast it on your time.
- In addition, competition in the market will reduce the ‘violence’ of cable TV operators. Image quality will be good as TV can be seen in HD and 4K resolution.
- Voice, data and IP TV services can be availed from ISPs on another internet line. As a result, the customer’s cost is expected to be reduced in different packages of Triple Play.
- Enjoy IPTV on any device like a smartphone, tablet, PC and TV. It is able to record digital video. You can watch high-quality live streaming using less bandwidth and Voice over IP and telephone services. You can watch the show of your choice at any time. You can select the channels of your choice and pay the bill only for those channels.
How does IP TV work?
The prevalence of IPTV is increasing day by day due to the increasing availability of internet access at present. IPTV cannot broadcast directly from the Internet. You will need to use a few more services for this. One of which is—
VOD (Video On Demand) Service:
One of the services that IPTV provides is VOD or Video on Demand service. Netflix, iScreen, ToffeeLive or similar services are basically included in VoD. It includes movies, web series, dramas, songs, TV serials and various other programs in the form of separate playlists. Here, the customer can take a look at whatever he wants.
- See also from here about What Is Web Server, Types, List And How It Works.
VOD service providers store various files on their servers and when you go to their application or site and request certain videos or files, they will provide that information to your television as an IP packet through the internet. Then, their application or site will render all those files and serve in front of you.
Some of the most popular VOD services are Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime Video, iScreen, ToffeeLive, BongoBD.
When you connect your television to the Internet, an IP address will be assigned to that television. Then, suppose you are using YouTube as a VOD service on your television. When you go to YouTube and click on a specific video, a request will go to YouTube’s server and in response to this request, the YouTube server will send all the files related to that video to your television’s IP address via the Internet. Your browser will then render those files and serve as a complete video in front of you. This is how internet streaming usually works.
What do I need to take IPTV or VOD service?
The way TV is seen on DISH cable is not an exception here. IP TV operators will go through the same connection as cable operators. However, IP TV services can be found on the internet or cable.
For this, a 5 to 10 MBPS speed internet connection is required. HD pictures can be seen uninterruptedly. Internet TV or smart TV will be directly connected to the Internet cable TV. And if you don’t have a smart TV, you must take a set-top box. This set-top box will decode the audio-video coming from the internet and make it suitable for streaming on TV. This set-top box will go through IP TV operators.
You can also watch this IP TV on your computer if you want. In that case, only if there is an operator connection.
Requirement for an IPTV connection?
The way TV is watched through DISH cable is not a different matter here, either. In the case of IPTV, operators will go through the same connection as cable TV operators. However, in this case, the IP TV service will be available through internet cable. This will require 5 to 10 Mbps speed internet connection. This allows HD-quality videos to be viewed seamlessly without buffering. In the case of internet TV or smart TV, internet cable should be connected directly to the TV. Ordinary TVs will require a set-top box. The function of this set-top box is to decode audio and video from the Internet and display it on TV. You will get this set-top box from IP TV operators. There is also an opportunity to watch this IP TV on the computer, in which case you can enjoy the IP TV only if you have an operator connection.
- Want to know how fast your website is? Let’s check it from here.
You can enjoy any Internet TV service directly from the computer using an Internet browser or a set-top box to get better quality. No matter how you look at it, you must have an internet connection.
IPTV in Bangladesh
IPTV, or Internet Protocol Television, is a technology that delivers television services over the Internet. It lets users stream media content, including live TV channels and on-demand videos, using an internet connection. Like in many other countries, IPTV has gained popularity in Bangladesh as an alternative to traditional cable or satellite TV services.
Here are some key points related to IPTV in Bangladesh:
1. Service Providers: Several IPTV service providers in Bangladesh offer various channels and content packages. Some of these providers may offer a combination of local and international channels, movies, and other on-demand content.
2. Internet Infrastructure: The quality of IPTV services depends on the internet infrastructure. Users need a stable and high-speed internet connection to enjoy smooth streaming. Urban areas with better internet infrastructure may have more reliable IPTV services.
3. Content Variety: IPTV services in Bangladesh often provide a mix of local and international content. Users can access various channels, including news, sports, entertainment, and more. Some providers also offer on-demand content libraries.
4. Subscription Models: IPTV services typically operate on a subscription-based model. Users need to subscribe to a specific plan to access the desired channels and content. Subscription fees can vary based on the service provider and the chosen package.
5. Device Compatibility: IPTV services are compatible with various devices, including smart TVs, streaming devices (such as Roku or Amazon Fire Stick), computers, smartphones, and tablets. Users can choose the device that best suits their preferences.
6. Regulatory Environment: IPTV providers need to comply with local regulations and licensing requirements. The regulatory environment may influence the availability and content offerings of IPTV services in the country.
Suppose you are interested in subscribing to an IPTV service in Bangladesh. In that case, it’s recommended that you research and compare different providers and consider their channel offerings, pricing plans, and user reviews. Additionally, stay informed about any regulatory developments related to IPTV services in the country.
Disadvantages Of IPTV
You need high-speed internet to use IPTV. Moreover, the handling cost of IPTV is much higher than that of ordinary televisions.
All in all, we can only change the channel on cable TV as we wish. There is no such benefit outside of this. But the biggest advantage of IPTV is that you can watch the program on time. Now that cable TV is running in everyone’s home, we see a round, thick black cable from outside or its plug has been connected to the TV. This cable is again connected to the TV as a set-top box for a little better picture and more channels. So, if you enjoy internet TV, share your experience with Speed Host.